Egg FooYoung Casserole Recipe
If you're watching your family's nutrition and the budget, this great-tasting Asian-style casserole is hard to beat! It's packed with protein...and it's also economical for fast-growing families with healthy appetites.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the mushrooms and green onions. Serve egg foo young with mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 285 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC