Egg Foo Yung Breakfast Recipe
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix with seasoning packet
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, soy sauce, parsley, sugar, salt and ginger; mix well. Stir in eggs and peas. Carefully shape mixture into four patties. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring water, cornstarch and seasoning packet to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add noodles. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Serve over patties. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.