This recipe proves that "the most important meal of the day" doesn't have to be boring! Not only is this unique dish delicious, it adds a festive look to your breakfast table.
- 1 cup cooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix with seasoning packet
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, soy sauce, parsley, sugar, salt and ginger; mix well. Stir in eggs and peas. Carefully shape mixture into four patties. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring water, cornstarch and seasoning packet to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add noodles. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Serve over patties. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg Foo Yung Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Egg Foo Yung Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review