Egg Dumpling Soup Recipe
- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, celery and parsley to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Beat in flour and enough milk to form a mixture the consistency of cake batter. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are light and not gummy. Season with pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
1 cup: 101 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Egg Dumpling Soup
"I had my reserves about it when I first stumbled upon this recipe, but I was glad I saved it when I needed a side dish for Glazed Keilbasa. This soup was really good. The taste reminded me of egg drop soup, and the way the cake batter dumplings fell into the soup gave it a rather interesting look. A great simple soup to go along with any meatie main dish."
"Followed as said, was good! could add chicken if desired but was good without. Quick-n-Easy Will be good on a cold winter evening...Will make again!"