Egg Dumpling Soup
Mary Lou Christman, Norwich, New York
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, celery and parsley to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Beat in flour and enough milk
- to form a mixture the consistency of cake batter. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover
- and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are light and not
- gummy. Season with pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.