Egg Drop Soup
“We start many stir-fry meals with this easy Egg Drop Soup, which cooks in just minutes flat," writes Amy Corlew-Sherlock from Lapeer, Michigan. "There are many recipe variations, but we like the addition of cornstarch to thicken the soup and give it a rich, golden color.
“I got the recipe from Grandma’s old cookbook,” Amy recalls. “And when my kids were slow to enjoy eating meat, this ‘souper’-
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.