Egg Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine milk, cheese and mustard; cook over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in ham and peas.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Add cheese sauce and stir gently.
- 3. Spoon into an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and cut in half. Place with cut side down around outer edge of dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 486 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 405mg cholesterol, 1347mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Egg Biscuit Bake
"I made it for dinner and it was easy and delicious. I left out the peas and used bacon instead of ham. I mistakenly used ground mustard instead of prepared and added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce as that's what I put in my breakfast strata. My son and I loved the cheese sauce, but my daughter has an aversion to Velveeta so I might see how shredded triple cheddar works next time."
"We love to make this for dinner as well. Sometimes we don't do the ham and peas and just do the cheese and eggs."