Egg Biscuit Bake Recipe
Convenient refrigerated biscuits create a golden border around this all-in-one brunch dish from Alice Le Duc of Cedarburg, Wisconsin. "It's a variation of a simple egg-cheese combination my mother used to make," she notes. "It's become our favorite comfort food."
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine milk, cheese and mustard; cook over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in ham and peas.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Add cheese sauce and stir gently.
- 3. Spoon into an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and cut in half. Place with cut side down around outer edge of dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 486 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 405 mg cholesterol, 1,347 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Egg Biscuit Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC