Egg Bake with Sausage Biscuits Recipe
When I want to treat my family to a delicious down-home breakfast, this is the recipe I rely on. Sausage biscuits are a perfect partner for the egg and cheese casserole.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- SAUSAGE BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk and cream. Add the parsley, basil, marjoram and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 2. In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the egg slices, a third of the bacon and about 1 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- 3. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in sausage. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400°. for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with casserole. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 557 calories, 42 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 313 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Egg Bake with Sausage Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC