- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- SAUSAGE BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk and cream. Add the parsley, basil, marjoram and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the egg slices, a third of the bacon and about 1 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in sausage. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400°. for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with casserole. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Egg Bake with Sausage Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p170
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg Bake with Sausage Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >