The recipe for Egg and Tomato Scramble comes from Ilva Jasica of St. Joseph, Michigan. "My mother used to make this when I was a girl," she notes.
- 1 plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg or egg substitute equivalent
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- Additional fresh basil, optional
- In a small bowl, combine tomato and basil; set aside. In another bowl, beat egg, water and garlic. Heat oil if desired in a small nonstick skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir gently until egg is nearly set. Add tomato mixture and salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook and stir until egg is completely set and tomato is heated through. Serve with toast. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Egg and Tomato Scramble in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg and Tomato Scramble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review