Egg and Tomato Scramble Recipe
The recipe for Egg and Tomato Scramble comes from Ilva Jasica of St. Joseph, Michigan. "My mother used to make this when I was a girl," she notes.
- 1 plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg or Eggland's Best Egg substitute equivalent
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- Additional fresh basil, optional
- In a small bowl, combine tomato and basil; set aside. In another bowl, beat egg, water and garlic. Heat oil if desired in a small nonstick skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir gently until egg is nearly set. Add tomato mixture and salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook and stir until egg is completely set and tomato is heated through. Serve with toast. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Egg and Tomato Scramble in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg and Tomato Scramble(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2009
Fast and easy. Will probably add some crumbled turkey bacon next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >