Egg and Tomato Salad
I often need to prepare a salad just for myself. And when I want a change from ordinary greens, this is the recipe I reach for.Joan Schroeder, Mesquite, Nevada
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- On a salad plate or in a bowl, alternate tomato and egg slices on
- lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.