Egg and Spinach Side Dish
With four young children, I'm always on the lookout for fast and flavorful recipes. This speedy side dish is a nice complement to chicken or steak dinners.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Spoon into a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3
- minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 490 calories, 49 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.