Egg and Sausage Strata Recipe
I especially like to make this breakfast dish when we have weekend guests. I fix it the night before, and the next morning I can sit, eat and enjoy their company. People often think I spent hours preparing it.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with bread cubes; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, cook sausage with the onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pimientos; sprinkle over bread.
- 3. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Egg and Sausage Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC