Egg and Sausage Pockets
When I want to spice up my breakfast, I make these finger-licking, family-approved sausage sandwiches. They can be prepared quickly when I'm short on time. And it's a fun way to combine sausage and scrambled eggs.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 large or 8 small pita breads
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut pita breads in half widthwise; wrap in foil and warm
- in the oven. Drain fat from skillet; to sausage add onions, chili
- powder and eggs. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs
- are set. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 329 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.