Egg and Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Stir in the stuffing cubes, cheese and sausage mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 445 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 274mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Egg and Sausage Casserole
"Savory flavor was good, but this came out quite dry."