Egg and Sausage Casserole
Writes Ramona Bubb of Reedsville, Pennsylvania, “When we have friends stay overnight, I usually make this recipe and everyone enjoys it.” This hot and filling meal makes a great dinner, and is also a hearty way to start the day.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain
- and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and
- mustard. Stir in the stuffing cubes, cheese and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 445 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 274 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium,