Egg and Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Stir in the stuffing cubes, cheese and sausage mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 445 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 274mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Egg and Sausage Casserole
"Savory flavor was good, but this came out quite dry."