Writes Ramona Bubb of Reedsville, Pennsylvania, “When we have friends stay overnight, I usually make this recipe and everyone enjoys it.” This hot and filling meal makes a great dinner, and is also a hearty way to start the day.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Stir in the stuffing cubes, cheese and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg and Sausage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2013
"Savory flavor was good, but this came out quite dry."