I wanted to have scrambled eggs and hash browns one morning, and this is the all-in-one casserole I created. My wife loved it!—Howard Rogers, El Paso, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3-1/2 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute and milk. Stir in the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, onion, 2 tablespoons bacon, salt, seasoning blend and chili powder. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p58
Reviews for Egg and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review