- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3-1/2 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute and milk. Stir in the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, onion, 2 tablespoons bacon, salt, seasoning blend and chili powder. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg and Potato Casserole
Sort By :
This was very good. I used small diced ham instead of the bacon and red onion instead of sweet onion.
Also- cooking time in recipe worked fine for me.
We liked this a lot- I used 9 eggs instead of substitute, and no sweet / green onion since potatoes already had onion. Omitted chili powder but next time will add it for a little extra zing. Using Kroger bag of real bacon bits sped up process.
Needs double the onions, triple the chili powder and more salt. Took 15 more minutes to cook than directed.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >