Egg and Corn Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the corn, chives, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in eggs; cook until completely set, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place one tortilla on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza pan; layer with a third of the corn mixture, salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with a fourth of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining tortilla and cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 387 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Egg and Corn Quesadilla
"For some reason the stars are not showing up for me to give a rating, but it definitely deserves 5. This is a great dish, we have made it many times and it has become a favorite among the extended family as well. We have never actually used the salsa in it, but it would be good with or without. The only thing I would add to the recipe is that it does take a bit longer to bake than 10 minutes, but then we like ours a little crispy. Probably more like 25 min."