Egg and Corn Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the corn, chives, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in eggs; cook until completely set, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place one tortilla on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza pan; layer with a third of the corn mixture, salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with a fourth of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining tortilla and cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.