Egg and Corn Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the corn, chives, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in eggs; cook until completely set, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place one tortilla on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza pan; layer with a third of the corn mixture, salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with a fourth of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining tortilla and cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 387 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Egg and Corn Quesadilla
"For some reason the stars are not showing up for me to give a rating, but it definitely deserves 5. This is a great dish, we have made it many times and it has become a favorite among the extended family as well. We have never actually used the salsa in it, but it would be good with or without. The only thing I would add to the recipe is that it does take a bit longer to bake than 10 minutes, but then we like ours a little crispy. Probably more like 25 min."