Egg and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Egg and Broccoli Casserole(7)
Sort By :
So nice to have a breakfast main dish that can be cooked at home, driven to a potluck, and still be hot! It is a bit on the bland side though - next time I'll cook some mushrooms and bacon pieces on the stove and toss them in when I lift the lid to stir. Might benefit from additional spices too - oregano maybe?
Haven't actually made it yet, but I'm going to a potluck brunch. Sounds perfect if I double it and bring some wraps to make breakfast burritos.
I had all the ingredients but I didn't have the 4 hours, so I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hour, the last 15 minutes uncovered. We really liked it. I will try it with frozen spinach next time as an alternative.
Love to serve it for brunch. Just put everything in the crock pot and you don't have to worry about it.
Loved it. I recommend chopping up the frozen broccoli into smaller pieces. I definitely will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >