For years, I've prepared this filling egg casserole - which is delicious for brunch - in my slow cooker. It's an unusual recipe for this appliance but is welcomed wherever I serve it. Folks always go back for seconds. -Janet Sliter, Kennewick, Washington
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Egg and Broccoli Casserole in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p27
Reviews for Egg and Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review