Egg and Broccoli Casserole
For years, I've prepared this filling egg casserole - which is delicious for brunch - in my slow cooker. It's an unusual recipe for this appliance but is welcomed wherever I serve it. Folks always go back for seconds.
-Janet Sliter, Kennewick, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a
- greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 297 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.