Egg 'n' Potato Burritos Recipe
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook potatoes and onions in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 297mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Egg 'n' Potato Burritos
"I prefer corn tortillas so I made this into a quesadilla. I don't love eggs, but I REALLY liked this meal!!"
"these egg n potato burritos are scrumpshus they bring delight to the kitchen. my kids enjoy them alot they ask for them very much its kinda hard to bake 5 burritos in just 6 minutes . i might mess up a feww times, but they cant tell the diffrence"