Egg 'n' Potato Burritos
“This is my husband’s favorite dish,” Ann Yarber says from Washington, Oklahoma. The scrumptious combination with hash browns and eggs adds zip to breakfasts on the fly.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook potatoes and onions in oil over
- medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Pour
- over potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until eggs
- are completely set. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla;
- sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 317 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 297 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium,