My family calls these “one more gift to open” because it’s the last present they unwrap on Christmas morning. Everyone's mouth waters when they open these delicious bundles.—Helen Meadows, Trout Creek, Montana
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 4 eggs
- 24 slices pepperoni, quartered or 1-1/2 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup provolone cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Top with another sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Repeat five times. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise. Carefully place one stack in each of four greased jumbo muffin cups. Brush edges of dough with butter. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of bread crumbs onto the bottom of each cup. Top each with two cubes of cream cheese.
- Break each egg separately into a custard cup; gently pour egg over cream cheese. Sprinkle with pepperoni, provolone cheese and chives. Pinch corners of phyllo together to seal. Bake at 400° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg ’n’ Pepperoni Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p10