Egg ’n’ Pepperoni Bundles Recipe
My family calls these “one more gift to open” because it’s the last present they unwrap on Christmas morning. Everyone's mouth waters when they open these delicious bundles.—Helen Meadows, Trout Creek, Montana
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 24 slices pepperoni, quartered or 1-1/2 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup provolone cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Top with another sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Repeat five times. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise. Carefully place one stack in each of four greased jumbo muffin cups. Brush edges of dough with butter. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of bread crumbs onto the bottom of each cup. Top each with two cubes of cream cheese.
- Break each egg separately into a custard cup; gently pour egg over cream cheese. Sprinkle with pepperoni, provolone cheese and chives. Pinch corners of phyllo together to seal. Bake at 400° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg ’n’ Pepperoni Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p10
Reviews for Egg ’n’ Pepperoni Bundles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review