Egg 'n' Cress Tea Sandwiches Recipe
These tea sandwiches look very festive when we cut them out with a holly leaf cookie cutter. We use both white and wheat bread to vary the color and flavor.Linda Ault, Newberry, Indiana
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced watercress, chives or parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat and/or white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, watercress, olives, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread egg mixture over butter side of four bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Top with remaining bread, buttered side down. Using a 3-in. holly-leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two tea sandwiches from each sandwich. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Egg n Cress Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p10
Reviews for Egg 'n' Cress Tea Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review