From Aurora, Indiana, Sharon Pickett shares this healthy, homemade take on a fast-food favorite. "My son-in-law created this recipe so my grandchildren could have a quick yet nutritious breakfast before school," she shares.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Canadian bacon (1/2 ounce each)
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Divide between two 10-oz. microwave-safe custard cups coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-25 seconds longer or until center of egg is almost set.
- Place a slice of bacon on each muffin half; top with egg and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 10-13 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 20-30 seconds before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg 'n' Bacon Sandwiches in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p6
Reviews for Egg 'n' Bacon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2009
"I had this yesterday and again today for breakfast. It is so easy to make, delicious & low in calories. Will definitely make again!"