From Aurora, Indiana, Sharon Pickett shares this healthy, homemade take on a fast-food favorite. "My son-in-law created this recipe so my grandchildren could have a quick yet nutritious breakfast before school," she shares.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Canadian bacon (1/2 ounce each)
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Divide between two 10-oz. microwave-safe custard cups coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-25 seconds longer or until center of egg is almost set.
- Place a slice of bacon on each muffin half; top with egg and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 10-13 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 20-30 seconds before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg 'n' Bacon Sandwiches in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p6
Reviews for Egg 'n' Bacon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2009
"I had this yesterday and again today for breakfast. It is so easy to make, delicious & low in calories. Will definitely make again!"