- 1 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 cups (about 4 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 10 multigrain tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat oil. Add potatoes, onion and pepper; cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add sausage and eggs; cook and stir until no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling across center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold bottom and sides over filling and roll up. If desired, serve with guacamole and salsa.
- Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator or cooler. Prepare campfire or grill for medium heat. Place foil-wrapped burritos on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill. Grill until heated through, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Egg & Spinach Breakfast Burritos in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p39
Reviews for Egg & Spinach Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2016
"This had a really strange taste. Definitely not a keeper."