Egg & Sausage Roll-Ups Recipe
These savory rolls are always a great choice. They’re nice enough to serve company and make an excellent on-the-go breakfast, too.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 15 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 in.)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, sweet onion, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and remaining pepper. In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese, green onions and sausage mixture. Remove from heat.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with melted butter. Layer with four additional phyllo sheets, brushing with butter after each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat, making three stacks.
- 4. Cut each stack in half lengthwise and in half crosswise, forming four 7x4-1/2-in. rectangles. Spoon 1/4 cup egg mixture along a long side of each rectangle; roll up.
- 5. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across each roll; brush with butter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 roll: 251 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Egg & Sausage Roll-Ups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC