Here’s one delicious, extra-easy classic you’ll turn to again and again. “I’ve been making this recipe since I started cooking, and that was a long time ago.” DeAnn Lokvam — Tijeras, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in the onions, salsa,
- mayonnaise, lime juice if desired, cumin, chili powder and garlic
- salt. Serve with chips. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without lime juice and chips) equals 175 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now