Effortless Broccoli Soup Recipe
This soup is easy to make, good and very good for you. Nice and thick, it easily serves as a meal for two.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broccoli, broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without sour cream): 147 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Effortless Broccoli Soup
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC