Effortless Alfredo Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; rub with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Spread Alfredo sauce over crust. Top with spinach mixture, cheese and pepper flakes. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 302 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Effortless Alfredo Pizza
"I made one of these for our pizza and salad supper on Christmas Eve. It was easy to make, and we enjoyed it. I used a whole wheat pizza crust and increased the garlic. Thank you Brittney House! I will make this deliciious recipe again!"
"Didn't have frozen spinach so I used fresh spinach instead. Won't use the red pepper flakes next time, not for me and my daughter. I also added a can of sliced mushrooms. And, I spread minced garlic on the crust before anything else. It was great! Definitely plan to make this when my husband's home again, with his favorite toppings!"
"For sdyeag: Boboli is a brand of pre-baked pizza crust found in most grocery stores. Look in the aisle where pizza sauce or boxed pizza kits are stocked. The Boboli products are in packages hung from hooks (at least in every store where I have found them.) I live in the mid-west and have bought them at small grocers, regional chains and at Kroger, Meijer, and Giant Eagle."
"I have never seen a recipe that called for a prebaked pizza crust. Are these purchased in a package on the shelf or freezer? Or, did they mean a homemade crust that had just been baked earlier? Can someone answer this question?"
"Rubbing the crust with cut garlic is somewhat time consuming and then the garlic would have to be saved for another use. It would be much easier to lightly sprinkle the crust with 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of garlic powder instead or add it to the sauce!"
"My husband keeps asking for it whenever I mention pizza!"
"I can't believe how good this pizza turned out. i love it and will definitely be bringing it to share with others at get togethers"
"I don't care much for this kind of pizza, but my husband and daughter really like it, so I am sure that I will be making this pizza again."
"To me, this is not that healty! Look at the sodium intake. When you should only have 500 mg per meal."
"This is not a pizza that I would eat but my children love it. I will be making it for them many more times and keeping the recipe."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.