- on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry,
- a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until
- smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly; cool.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Add cooled flour mixture; beat until fluffy. Gradually
- beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve a spreadable
- While sticks are still warm, make a cut in the top of each; fill with
- filling. Yield: 40 cream sticks.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.