Edible Inner Tubes Recipe
Guests can really sink their teeth into this fun "inner tube" sandwich made with a lettuce-lined bagel. Dill pickle relish gives tangy zip to the thick tuna salad filling.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 6 plain bagels
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut the bagels in half horizontally. Place lettuce on bottom halves; top with tuna mixture. Replace top halves. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Edible Inner Tubes in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Edible Inner Tubes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review