This tasty tree requires only two ingredients and is a snap to assemble. Just gather the edge of a fruit roll as you wrap it around a sugar one "tank" to make pretty evergreen "branches."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 green Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 2 sugar ice cream cones
- With a scissors, cut roll-ups widthwise into thirds. Gather each
- piece, beginning with a long side, to form ruffles. Place ice cream
- cones on a serving plate. Starting at base of cone, attach ruffles
- by wrapping around cone. Pinch at top to form a point. Yield: 2
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Fruit Roll-Ups brand, which has fruit pieces measuring approximately 5 x 5 inches. If roll-ups have precut designs in them, place unrolled fruit between two sheets of greased waxed paper. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds. Roll fruit flat with a rolling pin. Remove waxed paper.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 200 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.