Edamame Peanut Falafel with Peanut Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Originally given to me by a friend associated with the Southern Peanut Growers, this meatless entree makes a tasty change of pace. The golden get a nice crunch from the peanuts and the spicy flavor complements the tangy yogurt dressing. —Barbara Martin, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; chill until serving.
- In a food processor, combine the first eight falafel ingredients; process until finely chopped. Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape mixture into patties.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry patties, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Edamame Peanut Falafel with Peanut Yogurt Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p87
Reviews for Edamame Peanut Falafel with Peanut Yogurt Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review