Ed's Meat Loaves Recipe
Reader partially cooks two and freezes them--DO NOT use as romance due to food safety issues! These savory, convenient loaves are one of my most favorite main courses.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing YIELD:24 servings
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a very large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into thirds; shape into three loaves. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 45 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 3 loaves.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC