- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- In a very large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into thirds; shape into three loaves. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 45 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 3 loaves.
Originally published as Ed's Meat Loaves in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p39
Reviews for Ed's Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2009
"I wondered the same thing, re: "DO NOT use as romance... "What is that supposed to mean?"
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2008
"what does that mean?"
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2008
"From the current header:Reader partially cooks two and freezes them--DO NOT use as romance due to food safety issues!Waco Tango Foxtrot?"