Ed's Meat Loaves Recipe
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- In a very large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into thirds; shape into three loaves. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 45 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 3 loaves.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ed's Meat Loaves(3)
Sort By :
I wondered the same thing, re: "DO NOT use as romance... "
What is that supposed to mean?
what does that mean?
From the current header:
Reader partially cooks two and freezes them--DO NOT use as romance due to food safety issues!
Waco Tango Foxtrot?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >