- Stick or wooden dowel (5/8-inch diameter and 24 inches long)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 3 snack-size cups (3-1/4 ounces each) vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- Whipped cream in a can
- Prepare campfire or grill for high heat. Wrap one end of a stick or wooden dowel with foil. Unroll crescent dough and cut into six 4-in. squares. Wrap one piece of dough around prepared stick; pinch end and seam to seal.
- Cook over campfire or grill 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. When dough is cool enough to handle, remove from stick. Finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place pudding in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in one corner. Squeeze bag to press mixture into each shell. Spread with frosting; top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Eclairs on the Grill
"We make these all the time, only we put chocolate chips in and squirt the whip cream in the hole, after the stick has been removed. Be sure and cover the end of the stick with the crescent dough before baking. I am camping right now and am going to try your pudding addition immediately. Thank you for sharing this new twist on our old favorite!"