Eclair Torte Recipe
The pastry part of this torte bakes into one big crust, which eliminate filling individual eclairs. The homemade pudding is replaced with a rich vanilla layer that's a snap to blend together using convenient instant pudding and cream cheese.—Kathy Shepard, Shepherd, Michigan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, remove puff from pan and place on a serving platter.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add milk and pudding mix; beat until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate. Drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 350 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Eclair Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC