- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, remove puff from pan and place on a serving platter.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add milk and pudding mix; beat until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate. Drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEclair Torte
"Excellent. Pastry puffed beautifully. easy to make."
"Make this and my puff pastry didn't puffVery doughy. What did I do wrong? Filling is wonderful."
"It was delicious! I've made it over and over for my husband. It's an easy last minute desert that always looks pretty."
"made this several times. everyone loves it, looks difficult but so easy to make"
"I have made this many times and I get very good reviews!"
"I have made this many times and it is always a winner!"
"I made this for an event at the office and received compliments with several asking for the recipe. However, it didn't look like the photo. I did bake it in the 9x12 pan, but the sides were real puffy and the filling didn't go all the way to the top."
"I made this last night for the super bowl with about 20 college kids and it was a hit. Everyone loved it and it was so easy to make."