Eclair Torte Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, remove puff from pan and place on a serving platter.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add milk and pudding mix; beat until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate. Drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Eclair Torte(10)
Sort By :
made this several times. everyone loves it, looks difficult but so easy to make
I have made this many times and I get very good reviews!
I have made this many times and it is always a winner!
I made this for an event at the office and received compliments with several asking for the recipe. However, it didn't look like the photo. I did bake it in the 9x12 pan, but the sides were real puffy and the filling didn't go all the way to the top.