I cook for a youth camp, where I face 140 hungry kids three times a day for two weeks. It's a lot of work, but I love doing it. The kids make me feel appreciated when they say how much they enjoy the food. This creamy dessert is a camp favorite.—Joyce Mummau, Mt. Airy, Maryland
- 4 gallons prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 pounds graham crackers
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a large container, mix pudding and whipped topping; set aside. Place one-third of the graham crackers side by side in twelve 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Pour about 2 in. pudding mixture over crackers. Add another layer of crackers and pudding. Top with remaining crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, butter, baking cocoa and oil in a bowl. Beat until smooth, adding enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on top of crackers; chill until serving. Yield: 140 servings.
Originally published as Eclair Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p57
Reviews for Eclair Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review