I cook for a youth camp, where I face 140 hungry kids three times a day for two weeks. It's a lot of work, but I love doing it. The kids make me feel appreciated when they say how much they enjoy the food. This creamy dessert is a camp favorite.—Joyce Mummau, Mt. Airy, Maryland
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 4 gallons prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 pounds graham crackers
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a large container, mix pudding and whipped topping; set aside. Place one-third of the graham crackers side by side in twelve 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Pour about 2 in. pudding mixture over crackers. Add another layer of crackers and pudding. Top with remaining crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, butter, baking cocoa and oil in a bowl. Beat until smooth, adding enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on top of crackers; chill until serving. Yield: 140 servings.
Originally published as Eclair Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p57
Reviews for Eclair Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
"I've made this several times for my family and friends (cut the recipe in half), and it is excellent!!! It's wonderful for get togethers because it serves so many and always gets rave reviews."
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2009
"yucky i made it for my family and it tasted awful"