- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice mixture until well blended. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry sausage, carrots and pepper until carrots are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stir juice mixture; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Sausage in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p65
Reviews for Eckrich® Sweet and Sour Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review