Echo Valley Bean Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1. In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside; drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, process tomatoes until smooth. Add to the onion mixture. Stir in pork and beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 307 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Echo Valley Bean Soup
"Saving recipe since husband loves. loves bacon, which recipe has in it. Looks easy enugh to tssstogether."
"I used precooked bacon and just lightly browned it to have enough fat to saute the onions, garlic. Also used home canned stewed tomato mix - I add green pepper and onion. Initially, I didn't have high hopes for this recipe, but I had all the ingredients on hand, so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. Try it, you'll like it. Great budget recipe as well."