"I came up with this recipe after sampling some excellent bean soup at a sandwich shop in a neighboring town," writes Patricia Crandall from Echo Valley Farm in Inchelium, Washington.
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside; drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, process tomatoes until smooth. Add to the onion mixture. Stir in pork and beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Echo Valley Bean Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p46
Reviews for Echo Valley Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review