- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside; drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, process tomatoes until smooth. Add to the onion mixture. Stir in pork and beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Echo Valley Bean Soup
Sort By :
Saving recipe since husband loves. loves bacon, which recipe has in it. Looks easy enugh to tssstogether.
I used precooked bacon and just lightly browned it to have enough fat to saute the onions, garlic. Also used home canned stewed tomato mix - I add green pepper and onion. Initially, I didn't have high hopes for this recipe, but I had all the ingredients on hand, so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. Try it, you'll like it. Great budget recipe as well.