Eat-Twice Chili Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, steak sauce, cumin, chili powder and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with marinara sauce. Top with half of the chili; sprinkle with cheeses and onions. (Save remaining chili for another use.)
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired. Yield: 1 pizza (8 slices) plus 2 cups leftover chili.
1 slice (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 326 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Eat-Twice Chili Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.