Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes. If desired, top loaf with ketchup before serving. Cool and freeze the other loaf. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings).
1 piece: 252 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.