Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf Recipe
I COULD have called this recipe "Busy Lady's Meat Loaf". It's quick to prepare and you just thaw, heat and serve the second loaf. This is an original recipe. I enjoy creating my own. When our son was growing up, he'd ask, "Is this one of your originals or did it come from a cookbook?" —Bonnie Baumgardner Sylva, North Carolina
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes. If desired, top loaf with ketchup before serving. Cool and freeze the other loaf. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings).
Originally published as Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf in Reminisce Extra February 1997, p47
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review