- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake
"Didn't change a thing. But, the pan was very heavy when I removed it from the hot oven, so next time I will use 2 8"x8" pans instead of 1 9"x13" pan. It would be perfect to eat one/freeze one for later. Makes a ton and none of it went to waste--so good!"
"This was exactly what I was looking for....something easy and flavorful. After reading the reviews I used 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground pork. I think that helped season it better. And I also added another half jar of pizza sauce that was left over. Just saucy enough! Would definitely make again!"
"I cut this in half, and it still made a large portion. I seasoned the ground beef very well, however, there is something lacking in this recipe,"
"I made this for my monthly bunco group. They all loved it. It was easy to put together and quite tasty. I did use a little more sauce then what was called for, not sure if it helped. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!"
"Very quick! The only I did was add a can of mushrooms. Never can add too many mushrooms when making food with Italy in the background. Also, next time I make it I would add more sauce. Probably a can of tomato sauce and another can of tomato of some kind."
"Easy and fairly quick...but I do recommend using more than 24oz of spaghetti sauce unless you want this dry! I had to use 48 ozs and it turned out very good! Can't imagine how dry it would have been with only 24ozs."
"Great recipe! Quick! Very Easy! Great for a Pot Luck dinner too! Loved it! However... I could tell from the recipe it would be very bland so I used a ground beef w/higher fat content plus I used ground pork as well, half ground beef-half ground pork! I also cut this in half for 2 people! I also put in fresh garlic and chopped onion when browning the meats. I used Italian seasonings as well that came in a can of Spicy Italian tomatoes! I did not use the "canned" Parmesan cheese! I bought it in a chunk and shredded it my self....that's the only step that took the longest! Plus I put a little red wine in with the sauce mixture! I had most of the extra ingredients all ready on hand! I will definitely make this again! My family and friends loved it!!!"
"I followed this recipe to a "T" the only thing I did differently was season the meat and used ground turkey instead of ground meat. This dish came out very bland and it needed more sauce. I normally cook meatless baked ziti from the TOH healthy Cooking recipes. I will go back to the meatless recipe it had more flavor."
"Good easy recipe."
"It was goodv"